Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Quick Fix Day 5

Update:
I forget to fidget sometimes, but I'm doing pretty well with it.
Still no nuts, though I watched a short 5 min video last night on diets that help trim belly fat, and they said two tablespoons of peanut butter (as long as it's the natural kind) is really good for you. So I think my pb&j sandwiches will be alright next week.
I haven't eaten in front of the tv yet, but I haven't really been given the opportunity either. If I measure out a regular serving size of a snack, and eat it in front of the tv, is that still a bad thing??? I think eating in front of the tv is taboo b/c you tend to not pay attention to when you're full and you keep eating. But if I only have so much ice cream in my bowl, I can't over-eat right????? :-)
No whipped cream for me so far! Again, I haven't exactly been offered any either.


Moving On:
This one is going to be even worse than no whipped cream:
Count chip servings.
At least it didn't say NO chips at all... I think I'd have given up right then. Chips are the one food I cannot live without. I mean, I could, but I'd be miserable to be around. I love chips!!!


so question is: Is it alright if I count out my servings of chips, then eat as many servings as I want?? obviously the answer is no. the article says: "A chip-bender to the bottom of a 9-ounce bag is 1,260 calories".  So I'm supposed to limit myself to *GASP* 15 CHIPS!?!?!? That's like telling a shopaholic she can spend $0.35 on anything she wants. I mean REALLY!?!?!


I'm going to go pout in a corner... probably with a bag of chips.


That's my life!

2 comments:

  1. I say-- go ahead and eat your chips and ice cream in front of the tv. Just eat your one serving :) Don't sit w/ the whole bag of chips and don't take the whole pint of Ben & Jerry's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the whole chips thing - Couldn't live without them!!... Funny story to go with that -- This past weekend Collette & Lindsey (Zach's girlfriend) were talking about brownies being their favorite dessert/snack and they said that that's why they were best friends, and I said "And that's why Sarah's my best friend, because we'd prefer chips for dessert!"" :-)

    ReplyDelete