Monday, August 8, 2011

Quick Fix Day 4

Update:
Fidgeting continues to go well. I just keep thinking, 'I wonder how many calories I'm burning right now'
I haven't eaten a nut! Though, those peanut m&ms did make an appearance at my mom's house yesterday. Also, we're out of peanut butter, so until at least Saturday (when I get groceries) I don't have to worry about that.
I missed the first 3/4 of a show last night because we had a late dinner and I refused to eat in front of the tv. To be honest, I would have, but we were eating hot dogs and corn on the cob and I knew it would make quite a mess if I didn't eat at the table.

Moving on:
The next two items on the list are two I do well:
-Use fewer (or no) salad toppings. Salads are healthy, until you add the cheese, nuts, dried fruit, and bacon. Well, when I make a salad, I'm lucky if I can include cucumbers or carrots... usually it's just lettuce. The only time I eat salads with lots of toppings is at my mother-in-laws, which is rare. And I think her toppings are generally more healthy (broccoli, peppers, that kind of thing).
-Use smaller plates. I've heard this one before. If you use smaller dinner plates, you take less food. And it's true. We got HUGE plates for our wedding. I mean, we registered for them so it's not like I can complain... and I love them, but they really are huge (they don't even fit in my cupboard. the door seriously won't close all the way). And if you put a regular serving size of something on that plate, it looks like the amount you'd give a small child. So, about a year after we were married, my husband and I switched to the smaller dessert plates that came with the set. And, unless we're eating a bulky item (like corn on the cob) our food fits quite nicely on the plate. So we're good there.

New item for today (#4): No whipped toppings on beverages. That means no ice cap supreme or cafe mocha at time hortons, no wild berry smoothie at Wendy's, no hot chocolate made by my dad... unless I have enough will-power to order it without the whipped topping. I don't get them often... but when I do I really enjoy that whipped topping!

That's my life!

1 comment:

  1. GO YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you :) Keep up that fidgeting...

    ReplyDelete