Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quick Fix Day 3

Update:
I continue to fidget. It's pretty easy to do actually.... except in the car. I haven't quite figured out how to keep moving when I'm in a confined space.
Wouldn't you know it, we were at the rodeo last night and my husband Ryan wanted peanuts, and asked if I'd share them with him. On the day I give them up. Figures. But since I'd already had french fries and pop, it was easy for me to say no.

Moving on:
3. Don't eat in front of the television. (One step better: go for an hour walk instead of watching an hour of tv)
I almost never eat a meal in front of the tv. I am incredibly guilty, however, of eating snacks in front of the tv in the evenings. It was a household tradition growing up. We had a tv show to watch each night of the week. Everyone went to the kitchen and chose the snack of their choice (usually chips) and found a spot in the family room. My brain now associates watching tv with being hungry... but I'm only hungry for junk food. So not eating in front of the tv is going to be torture. I think I might have to go on that hour walk instead of tv simply so I can resist the temptation to sit on the couch with a bag of chips.

That's my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment