Friday, August 19, 2011

Quick Fix Day 15

Update: I couldn't find oatmeal breakfast bars at the store so I bought a different kind - Only to remember this morning, I can't eat the nuts on top! I don't know why I keep forgetting that. I really need to get some farm-fresh eggs from my mom and make those for breakfast!

Moving on:
Just two more items on the list, and one of them I don't think I need to worry about too much. It is: eat smaller ice creams. Unless I go to my mother-in-law's house and she makes me a bowl of ice cream (fit for the King of Prussia I'm not kidding) I tend to only eat one or two scoops. I'm just not a big ice cream eater. And lately I prefer sherbet to ice cream any way.
So my last addition. Number 15:  "Pay attention to the number of servings". No matter how few calories are in a serving of something, if you eat 7 servings, you're taking in more calories than you realize. I'm majorly guilty of this one. "Oh!" I think "only 120 calories in this. Awesome!" but then, after eating a bunch, I realize... I've eaten 4 servings worth! I also tend to serve multiple servings at dinner time. Just last night I served chicken breast and I'm pretty sure each piece was 2-2.5 servings! Yikes! I really need to be better about this one.

Well, this is my complete list. 15 things I'm going to keep trying to do over the next few weeks. We'll see if I see any weight/inch loss results. I'll post updates every so often. In the meantime, you can check out the original article I've pulled these items from. I'll keep working at it, and let you know how it goes!


That's my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment