Saturday, August 6, 2011

Quick Fix Day 2

Update:
So yesterday I started fidgeting. I shook my foot side to side or bounced my knee up and down as much as possible while at my desk yesterday. I was so proud of myself. Then last night I remembered something... I used to fidget all the time in high school. Non stop. I was always shaking my foot or bouncing my knee. I also remembered why I stopped fidgeting... because my foot does't know to stop shaking at bed time! It becomes almost an involuntary movement after so long... and my foot just keeps on going. So there I lay in bed, foot shaking away, thinking... I wonder how many calories I have to burn before I'll be able to fall asleep.

Moving ahead:
Day 2 - I checked my list last night right before bed to see what I'd be taking on today. "Don't eat nuts". Easy enough. But wait... does that include peanut butter?????? That might not be so much fun to give up. I don't eat a lot of it, but I've been eating a little bit more lately in my lunches. Hmm...
And then it happened... I dreamt (dreamed?) last night about peanut m&ms. They were the size of golf balls and I was eating as many as I could possible fit into my stomach because I knew starting the next day I wouldn't be able to have any. Now, I don't mind peanut m&m's... they are probably my favorite m&m... but they aren't anything I ever really crave.... until the day I can't have them! Isn't that the way it always goes? It's the things we can't have that we want the most.

That's alright though. Anytime I start craving a peanut m&m, I'll just shake my foot or bounce my knee instead.

That's my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment